May 13, 2011
Posted by on
The steps in 10 Steps to an Amazing INFJ Life are based on my challenges, on what I’ve learned in my life. They are the rules I try to follow every day to be the boldest, strongest and best person I can be. But we all know that all INFJs aren’t the same. So it’s time for you to create your own list of steps.
- Go back and read each of the previous ten steps in this series with a critical eye, exploring what’s true for you and what isn’t. Redefine each step so that it suits you, adding what’s needed and tossing out what’s not.
- Next, it’s your turn. From the context of your life, what can you add to the list? Take your time in creating and exploring what you come up with – your rules are important. When I started creating this series, when I took the time to really think about what I wanted to say, my awareness deepened and I learned even more about how to deal with my challenges. Your rules for life reflect who you want to be in the world, so create them thoughtfully. You can use the following questions to help you flesh your new rules out:
- What’s important about this rule? Why is your rule worth thinking about and working on?
- What’s lost when you don’t follow the rule?
- What do you gain when you do?
- Honor your rules in a way that works for you. You might want to record them in a beautiful journal, or share them with someone else who can benefit. Make sure they don’t get lost, they are an expression of what’s important to you. Your
Your rules for life should be a living, breathing list that grows and deepens as you go through your life. You can use them as guideposts when making decisions, and let them help you stay clear and focused during tough times. They should reflect not only what you’ve learned but what you want to learn, they should inform both who you are and who you want to be.
Thank you for going on this journey with me, this is the final installment in 10 Steps to an Amazing INFJ Life. I love all the connections that I’ve been able to make with other INFJs through this series, and I love hearing from you about your experiences as you discover the beauty of being an INFJ.